The OrderUp integration works through our partner, Doshii.
Doshii allows the Impos system to talk to the OrderUp system. Menu management is performed through the Doshii dashboard.
You will need access to the Doshii dashboard in order to manage your OrderUp menu. If you do not already have access to the Doshii dashboard please call Impos Support on 1300 780 268 and ask for access.
You will be sent an email invitation to sign up to the Doshii dashboard – please follow the instructions in that email.
After you have signed up to Doshii Dashboard you can access the login page via dashboard.doshii.io
When you log into Doshii you will see the dashboard for your venue, it will look like this:
Managing your OrderUp menu
Managing your OrderUp menu is done from the Menu screen. To get to the Menu screen click the Menu icon in the top right corner.
You will need to switch to the menu view to manage the OrderUp menu. To do this click on the button at the middle top of the page and click on "App: Order Up", this will show you the Orderup menu. This is where you will spend most of your time when you are managing the OrderUp menu.
Here is an example of a Menu page:
There are three sections on this page:
2) Surcounts, and
3) Global Options
You will be working with the Products and Global Options, you can ignore Surcounts.
Since your menu is already built you will see a list of items under the Products heading, and possibly some options if items have an option attached.
Editing an existing item is fairly straight forward.
All changes will be reflected live, i.e. as soon as you make a change on the Doshii dashboard that change will be reflected live on your OrderUp menu. For example if you change the price of an item that price will be updated straight away on the OrderUp menu.
Although highly unlikely, making changes to a live menu during service can sometimes cause issues and errors with ordering, resulting in orders that do not get processed and/or printed. The chance of causing ordering issues and errors increases the busier you are/the higher the volume of orders being put through. It is for this reason that it is strongly recommended that changes are made before or after service and not during service.
To edit an item click on the "Update linked item" button to the right of the item. That will pop up a screen where you can change the items attributes, such as the name, description, price, tags, and options.
The menu item screen will look like this:
1) Prices are set in cents, so:
100 = $1
195 = $1.95
1000 = $10.00
1095 = $10.95 etc...
2) “Tags” are the menu sections that an item will appear under on the Order up page. For example, if you have several products tagged with "Mains" then all those items will appear on the OrderUp menu under a "Mains" category.
See "Working with item options" for more information about working with and managing options.
Removing an item from the OrderUp menu
Removing an item is done by unlinking it from the OrderUp menu. Click on the "Unlink item" button to the right of the item.
Click "Yes, proceed" to unlink the item, otherwise click "Cancel".
When you edit an item at the bottom of the window you will see a "Custom modifiers" box with one or more lists of options. By default there will only be one main list labelled "Doshii Global Options", contains all of your Impos modifiers.
Anatomy of a custom modifier list (from left to right)
Note: anything that has a dashed underline can be changed.
- Expand/Collapse arrow
The ">" arrow will expand or collapse an options list allowing you to see or hide the options list.
When the list is expanded you can see all the options in that list, by default this is a list of all the modifiers you have in Back Office.
You can tick the check box to the left of the item to select that modifier as an option for that item. You can select as many modifiers as you need or want. You can also change the modifier name and price by clicking on the name or price. Note this is a custom name and price that is only applied to that modifier for the OrderUp menu. This will not change the name or price of the modifier in Back Office.
- Check box
Ticking this check box will attach the option(s) selected to the item that you are editing. Note: click on the arrow to expand the options list to see which modifiers are ticked.
- Options listidentifier/name
This is the name of the option that will appear on the OrderUp menu. When you create a custom option list the “[DoshiiGlobalOptions]” identifier will be a number not a name, it will look like this:
- Option name
Name of the option. This is the name that will display on the OrderUp menu. You can set the name of the option when you create a custom option list.
- 5. Min/Max options
This option lets you make a selection mandatory or not. By default the Min and Max values are set to 0 which means that a user will be able to select all or none of the options. If you set the Min value then this is the minimum amount of options a customer has to choose before being able to add the item to the cart. The Max value is the maximum amount of options a customer can choose.
Examples of when you would set a Min and Max value:
- If you have an item that comes in three different sizes, Small, Medium, and Large the customer can't have all three sizes at once so you would set both the Min and Max values to "1" so that they are forced to choose one option before adding the item to the cart.
- If you have an item that has a list of five options but you only want the user to be able to select up to two of the five options you would set the Max value to "2" and leave the Min value set to "0", this would allow the user to select either none of the options or a maximum of two of the five options. Or if the user must choose two of the five options then set the Min value to "2" and the Max Value to "2", which forces the user to select two options.
Working with item options
There are two different methods of working with item options in Doshii.
Method one: Directly linking options to an item
When you link an item to the OrderUp menu you can link an option to that item. This method is the simplest, however it limits the functionality of your menu. We recommend only using this method if your options needs are few and simple.
Method two: Make and attach a custom list of options to an item
This is the preferred way to work with options and will offer you more flexibility as you can create set lists of options, and re-use them for as many items as you need.
To create a list of options:
- Scroll down to the Global options list and click on the “Clone global option” icon.
2. A window will pop up that will allow you to give the option list a name and will allow you to select the options you need in the list.
You can also change the name and price of options in this window.
Note: Give the options list a clearly identifiable name (such as Pizza Options or Milk Types) so you can easily find and use it for other items.
3. Click submit to save the changes.
4. This options list will now appear in the Global Options list. You can identify it by the list ID or the list name. The newly created list will look like this:
You can click the “>” arrow to expand the list to see all the options in the list.
To edit, click the “Update linked option” icon to the right of the options list. This will take you back to the “Link menu option” screen to make changes.
Attaching a list of options to an item
1. Find the item you want from your Products list. Note you can search for the name of the product by using the product search field.
2. Click on the update linked item icon to the right of the item.
3. A new window will pop up and you will be able to see all options lists you have created. The screen will look like this:
Tick the options list(s) you want to attach to an item. You can choose as many as you need.
If you wish to change the list names or the Min and Max values, you can do this here. You can also edit the individual options.
4. Click “Submit” to save your changes.
Examples for using a custom options list.
Scenario one example
Tap beers that come in varied sizes and different prices, for example:
James Squires 150 Lashes
There are two ways of creating lists:
- Create two options lists (one for each set of prices), then apply the appropriate list to the items.
- Create one options list, apply it to all the products, then change prices after attaching the list.
Scenario two example
If you have some steak dishes that have three options:
- Cooking style/temperature: Blue, Rare, medium Rare, Medium, Medium Well, Well Done
- Sauces: Gravy, Mushroom, Peppercorn
- Sides: Chips, Mashed potato, Salad, Vegies
In this case you would create three options lists, one named “Cooking Style”, “Sauce Option”, and “Sides Option” for example.
The Cooking Style option list you would add the cooking style as options. The Sauce Option list would have all the sauce options, and the Sides Option would have the side dish options. Then you would attach those three options lists to the item.
This is how option lists appear in Doshii:
This is how option lists are rendered and appears on the OrderUp menu:
Notes on sizes and pricing
The best way to handle sizes (small/medium/large, glass/bottle, pot/pint/jug etc…) with the OrderUp integration is to have one base item and add the sizes as an option to the base item.
The option price will be the difference between the base item and the price of the option. For example, if you have a beer item that has size 3 options:
Schooner @ $8, Pint @ $10, and Jug @ $30
Then the price of the size options will be the difference in price between cheapest option (in this example the Schooner size) and the price of the other size options.
In this example the price for a Schooner of Spinifex Myrtle Summer Ale is $8 so we make the base price of the Spinifex Myrtle Summer Ale item $8, then the Schooner option price would be $0 because this is the cheapest option and the additional cost for the other sizes are added to the base price, the price for a Pint size option would be $2 ($8 +$2 = $10), and the Jug option would be $22 ($22 + $8 = $30).
This is how it looks in Doshii:
This is what it looks like on the OrderUp menu:
Creating new items and modifiers
Items and modifiers need to exist in Back Office and be sync’d to Doshii so that you can use them and add them to an OrderUp menu.
- If you need to create items and don't know how then please refer to our item setup documentation here: https://learn.impos.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/209570908-Items, alternatively you can call support on 1300 780 268 for assistance.
- If you need to create modifiers and don’t know how to please refer to our modifier documentation here: https://learn.impos.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/209693418-Modifiers, alternatively you can call support on 1300 780 268 for assistance.
- Once you have created any items or modifiers) that you need you will then need to sync your menu to Doshii..
To sync your menu to Doshii:
- In Back Office go to “Integrations”.
- Click on the “Doshii” menu item.
- Click on the “Location setup” tab.
- Click the “Refresh Venue Id” button.
- Click on the “Set / Reset Menu” button, and click continue on the next two messages.
You can verify that the menu has sync’d successfully by loading the menu page in the Doshii dashboard and checking the update date and time stamp, it should reflect the date and time that you sync’d the menu.
Once the menu has been sync’d to Doshii you can link the items to your OrderUp menu.
Linking newly created items to the OrderUp menu
- Change the view back to your main menu using the menu button at the top of the menu screen.
- Find the item that you want to link to the OrderUp menu and lick on the “Link item” icon.
- The Link menu item screen will pop up, make sure you have “OrderUp” selected form the “App” dropdown menu. Make any changes you need and click “Submit” to complete linking the new item to your OrderUp menu.
Linking newly created modifiers to the OrderUp menu
- On the main menu (see step 1 above) scroll down to the “Global Options” section.
- Click on the “Link item” icon, this will pop up the “Link menu option” screen
- You will be able to see the new modifiers in this list, they will be unticked. You need to tick them and click submit to save the modifiers/options to the OrderUp menu so you can then use them to build your OrderUp menu.
Note: Generally the menu should sync to Doshii straightaway however if you have a large menu it can take longer to sync. If you sync the menu and you can’t see that it has updated straight away please check again in 5-10 minutes.
In the unlikely event that you encounter any issues when trying to sync the menu please contact Impos support for assistance on 1300 780 268.
Making additional changes
Additional changes to your menu like opening hours, showing hiding menu categories at particular times (i.e. showing breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu categories at particular times), payment options, opening hours etc. are made in the OrderUp console. Should you need assistance with the OrderUp console please contact OrderUp on 1300 558 068 or email@example.com.
If you find that changes you make in Doshii are not being reflected on The OrderUp menu then log into the OrderUp console and navigate to Integrations > Point of Sale > Doshii and make sure that the “Allow Name/Description Changes In OrderUp *” setting is off, i.e. that it is toggled to “No”.
Should this not work or you experience any other issues please contact Impos Support for assistance on 1300 780 268.