We have brought on board two new integration partners, which allow us to offer new functionality around Gift Cards and Stock Management.
Multi-Site Gift Cards
By partnering with Givex, Impos now allows clients to sell, activate and redeem Givex gift cards across multiple venues.
Once a client has a relationship with Givex, they will be able to sell and redeem Givex gift cards through Impos Front Office.
Customers can check their balance online, or over the counter at a venue, and redemption is as easy as entering the card info into a payment method.
Purchase Order Importing and Stock Management
Impos now supports importing purchase orders, through our integration partners. The first partner we have brought onboard is Lightyear. You can import supplier invoices into the Impos Stock module using the new “Import” button on the Purchase Orders screen.
Lightyear and Impos both integrate with several mutual accounting partners, meaning that this new partnership not only cuts down on your time spent managing your inventory, but also potentially, the time you spend entering supplier invoices into your accounting software.
Updates to Existing Features:
There have been several improvements to the functionality of Custom Dockets.
- Custom Dockets can now be configured to include Unit Price.
- Custom Dockets now display item names in full rather than truncating them.
- The controls in the Configure Custom Docket window are now fully accessible when the window is maximised.
After the big changes to the Check Access screen in 6.51, we have improved filtering and sorting options, allowing clients to find any check quickly and easily. Some of these include:
- Removing the lower limit on check date filtering, allowing access to checks which are more than a year old.
- Making the default filtering and sorting methods configurable in the Station Settings window in Back Office
- Also, we have created additional options for sorting closed checks, and it is now possible to sort closed checks by check and payment totals.
- Reversed checks are now immediately removed from the closed checks page.
- It is now possible to refund payments against tabs which have been fully paid but not closed.
- Turning the Doshii integration on or off now displays a confirmation dialog.
- The Membership Management window in Back Office now shows only Card ID, Card Type and Expiry Date in the result listing rather than all available fields.
- The Split Check form is now maximised to fill the entire screen, and we’ve renamed the “Done” button on Split Check to “Exit” to make it clearer.
As usual, along with the improvements we’ve made to our software modules, there are also a host of bug fixes that come along with a new software release. Some of these include:
- Accessing closed checks using the “Re-print Bill” function now correctly updates the display range to the current trading day.
- It is no longer possible to create an employee with alphabetical characters in the login or password fields.
- Price rules now properly activate and deactivate when configured to use a date range.
- Custom Docket line positions are now properly updated when adding and removing elements.
- It is now possible to order an item with a quantity less than 1 when using Menu Search.
- GST total is now properly included when pre-printing a bill.
- Reversing a check which had tips against it no longer results in the tip being included in the payment total.
- Using Split Check on a bill with voided items now automatically voids the remaining check which only contains voided items.
- Discounting an item when custom dockets are being used will no longer print an extra docket to the kitchen.
- Deleting an item which is part of an inactive deal group will no longer cause an unhandled exception in Back Office.
- Individual check breakdowns in WebReports now use the modern export functionality and will no longer display an error.
- The deal group header added to menus when items trigger a deal group no longer becomes the focus item, preventing scenarios where users mistakenly add modifiers to this header.
Our developers have also enhanced the tech specs of our software, including:
- SQL Server 2016 and beyond support.
- Print Server now supports the ability to ‘Test All Printers’ and ‘Test All Print Queues’ in single functions.
- It is now possible to edit printers which already have print queues assigned to them.
- Print Server will now allow identical dockets to be printed in quick succession, once again enabling both multiple copies and the ability to print individual items per docket (if the items are the same).
- Run-time performance has been improved for several functions including:
- Discounts and Surcharges.
- AppPay and Westpac Presto.
- Tab creation and Seated Info.
Integration API (Doshii)
Working with Doshii, we’ve also made improvements to the Doshii/Impos interaction, and therefore our integrations with Doshii partners.
- Resolved a race condition that could result in orders made by partners being processed twice if processing host lost connection with Doshii.
- Orders rejected for not having a consumer now set a rejection reason on the order to be consumed by the partner app.
- Rejected orders now always have legible rejection reasons which match the actual reason for rejection.
- The ‘Name2’ field on items is now considered the ‘Online Name’ for Impos products and will be sent as the item name on the Doshii menu.