Printers are essential to your business and can causes chaos if they're not working!
We know that calling the helpline isn't always convenient in the middle of service - here's a few quick troubleshooting tips to help you get your printers up and running as quickly as possible!
1. Check for power. Is there a light on the front/top of the printer? If yes, move on to step 2. If no:
- check that the power cable is plugged in (at the wall, the printer and, and the kettle cord in the power pack) and the power is turned on.
- If you have another identical printer that you know works, you can test the printer with another power supply. If there's still no power, call our tech support team.
2. Do a self-test on the printer:
- Switch off printer
- Press and hold down "feed" button
- Switch on printer whilst holding down "feed" button until printer prints a test page (approx 5-8 secs)
If the self-test fails (nothing prints, or only nonsense characters print), give us a call.
If the self-test is successful (a piece of paper is printed with information about the printer and connection) but the printer is still not printing dockets/receipts, go to step 3:
3. Are the dockets printing at a different printer? If no, give us a call. If yes, great! Impos is doing what it needs to do and redirecting the dockets so you don't lose orders.
4. Swap the printer with a known working printer This will determine if the issue is with the printer, or with the connections.
5. Check cables/connections. 9 times out of 10 the problem will be connectivity issues.
- Unplug and reconnect the ethernet or serial cable in the back of the printer, ensuring that the cable is fully pushed in and (for serial cables) the screws are tightened.
- Check the length of the cable for signs of physical damage - cuts, bends etc.
- Check the other end of the cable, unplug and reconnect it.
- Swap the cable with a known working cable - they do wear out!
If the above five steps don't resolve your printer issues, please contact our Support team and they'll be happy to help you out.