What is PC EFTPOS?
PC EFTPOS is a software that allows for sales information to be passed directly from ImPOS Front Office directly to your merchant EFT terminal. This is designed to avoid user error on the merchant terminal, and streamline service.
How does this software work?
ImPOS Database connects to the merchant terminal via the PC EFTPOS software. This bridging software is installed by ImPOS and eventually authorised by the merchant or PC EFTPOS.
What are the system requirements for PC EFTPOS?
The software requires the OS of Windows 7 as a minimum to support PC EFTPOS.
What steps does my venue take to utilise PC EFTPOS?
1. Contact ImPOS to ensure that your system and software meet the requirements to support the PC EFTPOS integration.
2. Contact your merchant provider to advise them that you will be using the PC EFTPOS integration.
3. Fill out the necessary paperwork provided by the merchant. You may require further information about your hardware system to complete this.
4. Once the bank has the information it needs it will send the appropriate pin pads to your venue. We highly recommend pin pads containing built-in printers for EFT Receipts.
5. Once these arrive you can contact PC EFTPOS or the merchant (dependant on your provider) to arrange for an install. They will install the PC EFTPOS software on the terminal and configure this to receive payments and activate the pin pad. Administrative access is required to install the software, which can be configured in advance by ImPOS support.
6. Contact ImPOS support to finalise testing and configuration of the POS. Please allow up to 48 hours for booking confirmation.
Will I be able to give cash out with PC EFTPOS?
Yes. We do advise installing a merchant terminal with printing capabilities.
Will I be able to use this integration wirelessly?
The PC EFTPOS integrated unit must be attached to the POS at all times to work. The merchant terminals may work via Bluetooth that is connected to a cradle. These cradles will be connected to the POS terminal at all times.
What sort of merchant terminal should I get?
To see what is available from PC Eftpos click here
Is there a extra fee for PC EFTPOS?
Yes, a fee of $120 incurs per pin pad.