Welcome to Impos Plus version 5
This guide has been written to assist users of Impos version 4 to transition to our new Impos version 5.
Impos version 5 provides a modernised interface allowing you to complete all the operations you could previously complete in a more intuitive efficient way. There are also loads of new features, speed and stability improvements and bug fixes available in Impos version 5.
This guide will briefly outline how to complete standard functions where the interface has been modified in version 5. For a full list of new functionality please see the Impos version 5 release notes at Impos Plus Release Notes.
The first thing you will notice after your upgrade is the Impos Icons (used to launch the Impos modules have changed).
2. Login Screen
2.1 Loggin in
The login screen has also been modernised with a lot of new functionality included. This new login screen has been standardised across the Impos Modules.
- The info button will provide diagnostic information about the Impos terminal (see section 2.3 Diagnostic Information).
- The power button will allow you to close the Impos Module you are currently using.
NOTE: if you have already logged into Front Office the power button will not exit the Module as you must exit the module from the ‘Exit Program’ function on the menu – this is consistent with the behaviour of Impos version 4.
- The Clock in / Clock out functionality can be accessed by pressing this button (see section 2.4 Clock in / Clock out).
- The keypad used to enter your username / password into the system.
- The C button is used to clear any previously entered login information
- The login button used to login to the system after entering your username / password.
2.2 Authority control
The new authority control screen is very similar to the new login screen. This screen will be shown whenever you attempt to complete a function that requires you to validate your authority to perform the action.
- The info button will provide diagnostic information about the Impos terminal Please see section 2.3 Diagnostic Information.
- The power button will cancel the request for authority and you will not be able to complete the action.
- The number pad that is user to enter your username / password
- The Next / Login button, when there is no text in one of the username / password fields this button will display the text ‘Next’, pressing it will move the focus to the empty field. When there is text in both the username and password fields this button will attempt to login to the system with the provided credentials.
2.3 Diagnostic information
The new diagnostic information can be used to troubleshoot issues with the Impos system, it also will provide easy access to information required by the Impos technical staff to assist you during support contacts.
- Software Name: Displays which Impos Module you are currently running
- Software Version: Displays the version of the Impos Module you are currently running.
- Terminal Name: Displays the name of the POS (usually like Pos1, Pos2, Coffee, BackBar)
- Team Viewer ID: Displays the Team Viewer Id for the POS, this will be helpful for tech support. The Team Viewer Id will display in red if TeamViewer is not connection to the internal.
- Terminal IP: Displays the IP Address of the POS, and the Internet connectivity. ‘Internet’ will appear in red if the POS does not have access to the internet.
- Server: Displays the IP Address of the server. This will appear in red if the POS cannot connect to the server.
- Print Server: Displays the IP Address of the print server. This will appear in red if the POS cannot connect to the print server system.
- Price Set: Displays the current price set if the loaded module is Front Office.
- This button allows you to refresh the information on the diagnostic display.
2.4 Clock in / Clock out
The Clock in / Clock out screen allows users of the system to register their shifts. After entering valid login credentials you will be displayed your current shift information and your most recent shift information. If you have been granted the correct rights in the system you will be able to edit previous shift information through this screen.
- Enter your user name and password
- Select this button to move between blank username / password fields, select this button to clock in
- Used to toggle between the login to front office, and the login to the clock in / clock out function.
- User name for the staff member who is clocking in / out.
- Current shift information, including shift start time and shift length when clocking out.
- Exit without completing the clock in / clock out process
- Edit previous shifts – this button will only be active if the user has the appropriate authority to edit shifts (see section 2.4.2 for the edit shift process).
- Confirm the Clock in / Clock out process, this button will read ‘Start shift’ for the clock in process, and ‘End Shift’ for the Clock out process.
- Select the employee whose shift you would like to edit.
- Select the specific shift you would like to edit.
- Go back to the Clock in / Clock out process
- Refresh the pages with the latest shift details.
- Edit the selected shift. Editing the selected shift will display the following screen
- The shift start time, select this to modify the start time.
- The shift end time, select this to modify the end time.
- Cancel the shift edit process and go back to the shift selection form.
- Save the shift modifications you have made.
3. Check Access Screen
The check access screen in now the place you will access all saved Normal orders and Tabs, you can also access all your tables through the check access screen (the regular floor plan is also still available to access check associated with tables). It is also the place that you will create and edit tabs.
Pressing the ‘Recall’, ‘Tab’, or ‘Check Access’ functions on the order screen will open the check access screen.
‘Recall’ will default to displaying normal orders,
‘Tab’ will default to displaying tabs,
‘Check Access’ can be configured to display either normal orders, tabs, or tables, talk to your Impos support consultant to change this default if required.
This new screen provides improvements in speed to access your checks and is easier access to basic check information like tab details (spend limits, time limits, creation time), Item order history, and payment history.
There is also easy access to functions that are commonly performed on checks such as Open, Transfer, Link, and Edit tabs.
3.1 Check Access Screen functions
- Select to show normal orders, listed in Chronological order based on open time
- Select to show tables in alphabetical order
- Select to show tabs in alphabetical order
- Use for future functionality – currently shows blank list.
- Basic order information – all orders of the selected type will be displayed in this list. Select an order with a single click to display the order information on the right hand panel. A double click of an order will open the order in the order screen.
- Colour code key, these colours will give data on the status of orders.
- When an order is selected in from the list the order details will be displayed here.
- When an order is selected this button will open the order.
- When an order is selected this button will start the order transfer process, see section 3.5 Transfer Process
- When a tab is selected this button will open the tab create / edit screen, see section 3.6 Create / Edit new tab
- When a tab is selected this button will start the link tab to table process.
- Displays order details, see section 3.2 Check Details Panel
- Displays details of all the items added to an order, see section 3.3 Check Item Details Panel
- Displays details of all the payments that have been made against an order, see section 3.4 Check Payment Details Panel
- Displays the details, this panel will show different details depending on the options selected from 12, 13, 14 above.
- Select this button to create a new tab, see section 3.6 Create / Edit new tab
- Select this button to open the table floor plan.
- Select this button to exit the check access screen to the order screen.
- A horizontal scroll bar to toggle between pages if there are a large amount of checks
3.2 Check Details Panel
This panel provides basic information about the check that has been selected on the left of the screen.
- The total dollar value of the order including all discounts and surcharges
- The amount paid from the order
- The amount remaining on the order to be paid
- The amount of check discount applied to the order
- The amount of check surcharges applied to the order
- The total amount of GST included in the total of the order.
- The tab time limit start time if the transaction is a tab
- The tab time limit end time if the transaction is a tab
3.3 Check Item Details Panel
This panel provides detailed information about every item that has been ordered on the selected check.
- The name and quantity of the item ordered.
- The date and time this line item was ordered.
- The total price of the line item (qty * unit cost – item discount)
- The total discount applied to the line item. Please note this only includes item discounts not check discounts
- The unit price of the line item.
3.4 Check Payment Details Panel
This panel provides detailed information about every payment that has been made against the select check.
- The payment type used to complete the payment
- The tendered amount
- The time of the payment
- Any tips included with the payment
- Any change provided with the payment.
3.5 Transfer Process
When you attempt to transfer a check in Impos you will now be displayed the following screen. This screen will be displayed if you choose to transfer a check from the Check Access screen, the Order screen, or are forced to transfer a check during the send order or payment process, with instructions displayed at the top right of the form.
- Select a check from this list to transfer the initial check to. You can use the ‘Order’, ‘Tab’, ‘Table’ button at the top of the left panel to change which type of check you would like to select as your transfer target. If you are restricted to transfer your check to a particular check type, only that check type button will be available to select.
- Use this button to cancel the transfer process.
3.6 Create Tab / Edit Tab
This is the new form use for creating and editing new tabs.
- The tab name
- Tick this check box to add a tab spend limit
- Tab spend limit field, which is the maximum amount allowed to be saved to the tab
- Tick the check box to add a tab date & Time limit
- The start of the tab Date & Time limit
- Then end of the tab Date & Time limit
- Cancel creating the tab
- Save the tab and be returned to the check access screen
- Save the tab and immediately open the tab in the order screen.
4. Product Cart
The product cart has undergone a revamp, with some new colours, and a boost to the speed of loading large orders
1.1 Colour coding
- White: Ordered but not saved – These items have recently been added to the transaction and have not been saved
- Dark Purple: Currently selected item – Any modifiers or adjustments selected will be assigned to this item
- Bright Orange: Voided – This item was voided in this transaction
- Blue: Edited – These items have been saved in a previous transaction, but have had a price alteration in the current transaction
- Grey: Saved – Items and modifiers that have been saved in a previous transaction.
1.2 Load All
The product cart as a default will only show 14 items/modifiers in the current transaction in order to increase the overall speed of the system. Transactions that have more than 14 items/modifiers in the product cart will show the “Load All” button.
The “Load All” function can be used to display every item/modifier in the transaction, which can then be accessed by the scroll bar.
The surcharge feature in Impos has been revamped, and as such, the manually applied surcharge which was previously available has now been replaced by a more regimented and traceable system. Please refer to the Surcharge article here
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to give Impos Support a call on 1300 780 268.