Inventory can be accepted into the Impos system manually, without the generation of a purchase order. You can access the required screen by selecting the Inventory dropdown, and nominating stock arrival, as shown below.
The stock arrival functionality requires a number of fields to be filled in. This includes:
- Date - the date the invoice was generated;
- Ref No - the invoice number generated by the supplier;
- Supplier invoice total - includes all taxes and freight; and
- Supplier - supplier name
NB: You can enter each line item as either including or excluding GST by specifying your preference in the Enter Cost box.
In the top left section, select the stock items to be received then double click to populate information into the arrival window.
- In the stock arrival window, you can enter the number of units supplied, along with the line total (inc. or ex. GST as specified in the enter cost box above). This will also update the unit cost.
- Any additional freight costs can also be entered at this stage.
- To include additional items in the stock arrival window, double-click on the reserve item window (located in the top left of the screen).
- To remove stock items, select the desired line item and press "remove current selected item”. NB: this will only remove the item from the current order. Any items removed from the stock arrival will appear in a partially received purchase order.
- You can enter items by units, referred to as inners, or enter items by order units, referred to as outers.
- Once the line items are completed and the freight has been entered, press submit to arrive the stock. The supplier invoice amount and the stock arrival total (calculated by the system) must match exactly for the invoice to be accepted.
- Once submitted, the current stock holding and all stock costs will be updated accordingly.