Price Rules together with Price Action are used to tell the ImPOS system to use a price set other than the default price set 1. This enables prices to be changed automatically by time parameters.
Price Actions govern which Price Set to change to.
Price Rules govern when to enact a particular Price Action.
Note – Before setting Price Rules and Price Actions make sure there are prices in the price set that will be enacted. Price Changes implemented by Price Actions and Price Rules effect all Items in ImPOS.
Setting up Price Actions and Price Rules
- Select Price Actions from the POS functions menu
- Select the ‘Add’ tab to create a new Price Action
- Fill in the following fields;
- Name – The name of the rule
- Description – Describes what the action will do
- Value 1 - Which Price set will be activated by this action
- Description – Describes what the action will do Select ‘Save’
- Select ‘Save’
Once the Price Action is configured, navigate to Price Rules.
- Select Price Rules from the POS functions menu
- Select New to create a new Price Rule
- Select an action group from the Action Group drop down list, All created actions groups are available in this list
- Select which stations will be effected by the Price Action selected
- Select the dates you would like the rule to apply between (inclusive) in the Rule applies from and to fields
- Select the times you would like the rule to be enacted between
- If you would like the rule to apply only on given days of the week select ‘specific days of the week and times of day’
- Select the days of the week you would like the rule to be enacted
- Select the times of day you would like the rule to be enacted
Select ‘Save’ to save the rule